- Special Note from Mary Ellen Copeland, PhD [download as PDF]
- WRAP listing in SAMHSA's National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices.
- June 2012, Press Release from the American Psychiatric Association: "New Study Examines Benefits of Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) for People with Serious Mental Illness " The research paper by Mary Ellen Copeland, Judith Cook, and others, entitled "A Randomized Controlled Trial of Effects of Wellness Recovery Action Planning on Depression, Anxiety, and Recovery" has been reviewed by the American Psychiatric Association [APA]. The American Psychiatric Association is a national medical specialty society whose physician members specialize in the diagnosis, treatment, prevention, and research of mental illnesses, including substance abuse disorders.
- Improving Propensity for Patient Self-Advocacy Through Wellness Recovery Action Planning: Results of a Randomized Controlled Trial by Jessica A. Jonikas, Dennis D. Grey, Mary Ellen Copeland, Lisa A. Razzano , Marie M. Hamilton , Carol Bailey Floyd , Walter B. Hudson, and Judith A. Cook. This research paper was first published in the Community Mental Health Journal in December of 2011. Download as PDF here
- Results of a Randomized Controlled Trial of Mental Illness Self-management Using Wellness Recovery Action Planning, by Judith A. Cook, Mary Ellen Copeland, Jessica A. Jonikas, Marie M. Hamilton, Lisa A. Razzano, Dennis D. Grey, Carol B. Floyd, Walter B. Hudson, Rachel T. Macfarlane, Tina M. Carter, and Sherry Boyd. Published March 2011, Schizophrenia Bulletin. Download PDF here
- Effect of Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) Participation on Psychiatric Symptoms, Sense of Hope, and Recovery Psychiatric Rehabilitation Journal Issue: Volume 34, Number 3 / Winter 2011 (Enter the keyword WRAP on their homepage)
- Outcomes of an Illness Self-Management Group Using Wellness Recovery Action Planning Psychiatric Rehabilitation Journal Issue: Volume 34, Number 1 / Summer 2010
- Developing the Evidence Base for Peer-Led Services: Changes among Participants following Wellness Recovery Action Planning (WRAP) Education in Two Statewide Initiatives
Psychiatric Rehabilitation Journal Issue: Volume 34, Number 2 / Fall 2010
- WRAP Research Reports Overwhelmingly Positive Results, by The Scottish Recovery Network
- Mental Illness Self-Management Through Wellness Recovery Action Planning by Judith Cook, Ph.D.
- WRAP as Evidence-Based Practice May 2011 Webinar with Judith Cook [download as Powerpoint]
- Building the Research Base for Peer-Led Services: Ohio Statewide WRAP Study Presented by, Judith A. Cook, Carol Bailey Floyd , Columbus, Ohio. October 2010 [download as PDF]
- Vermont Recovery Education Project